One way I take care of myself is by finding beauty in the world.
There is beauty everywhere, and when I slow down and open my eyes, I change my perspective.
I don’t find the beauty only in a great event like a rainbow or a beautiful landscape but in the little things like a flower, a snail on the wall, the intense blue of the sky, a delicate fragrance or a delicious flavour.
Sometimes, I snap a photo to remember the moment or I sketch it in my notebook.
Here are a few suggestions to help you find beauty around you:
- Find the beauty in the little things. Stop the mental chatter and search for something that makes you say wow!! Observe flowers, clouds in the sky, a child, a picture or a colour.
- Try a new food or a new taste and the next time you have a coffee or tea, soak in the smell and the flavour of the beverage. Enter a perfume shop and try a new scent on the paper tester. Put the paper tester in your bag and smell it during the day.
- Place aromatic herbs in your kitchen and breathe in the aroma as you cook.
- Visit a museum and look at some works of art.
- Snap a photo of a place or things that you like or sketch it in your notebook.
- Focus on the good. Humans have a tendency to focus on negative events. Make a habit of focusing on all the things you are grateful for.
- Jot down a quote in your notebook that inspires you or a word with a great meaning for you.
- Try to be alert and aware throughout your day and you'll find beauty everywhere.
These are just the things that have worked for me. Start today to take care of yourself in this way and find something new for you!
Have a nice day!