Saint Valentine’s period is an opportunity to prove our love towards another person.
When I was a child, my little friend, who lived in the house next door, created a beautiful postcard with colorful stickers that expressed how much he loved me.
It was a wonderful gift! I felt excited. He was my first love, so romantic and cute!
I was a child, and I loved that little gift, I felt like a princess because my prince loved me but when I grew up, my fears took over.
For most of my life, being alone was one of my biggest fears. I found myself in a relationship for the wrong reason. The “prince” had become my whole world and the focus of my attention.
I sacrificed my goals for this other person, and I was never satisfied with myself and my life.
When a long and complicated relationship ended, I began to realize that I could not love someone without feeling love for myself. I was looking for the love that I didn’t feel for myself in a relationship.
The exact moment that I understood the truth, I was left breathless.
It was a terrible moment. I didn’t know myself; I didn’t know what I wanted.
After a difficult period and a lot of tears I decided to start from the beginning: love myself!
It has been a long journey, but it has been the best in my life.
What about you? Do you love yourself?
If you wish to start the best journey of your life, I have some advice for you:
- Ask yourself:”what do I do every day for myself?”
- Look at your face in a mirror and admire what you like.
- How do you take care of your kids or your husband or your parents? Reserve the same gestures for yourself.
- Take a few minutes to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of water.
- During your day take some deep breaths and repeat “I love myself.”
- This week spend an hour doing things that you love.
- Look after your physical health with adequate sleep, exercise, and nutrition.
- Take a mini-break every hour.
- Wear your prettiest clothes.
- Compliment yourself!
February is the month of love and you can decide to start to love yourself!
I promise, It will be a wonderful trip!